TO KNOW THE UNKNOWN

Monday, November 22, 2010

A unique species

Caught up between my aspiration and the reality, I realised life carved out a niche for me where I suited well. This niche- I started believing as my ‘existence’. Beyond this was a far away land where I was born, faces of people that I called family, and a laughter so spontaneous and lively that it reverberated through my soul. Now, I was in a different world— living in the few pieces of my own self that I had managed to bring away with me when I left home.
Assignments and experimental set ups were the only two other things beside food and sleep that swapped places in my brain. Initially there had been some socializing... on weekends, but then it began to seem monotonous. Being a biped social animal, I did seek gatherings where there would be some good talking and instances to laugh, but I realised soon, it wasn’t to happen the way I thought. The absence of cerebral connections discouraged me from attending most gatherings till I finally found resort in my 10 by 10 room with my 14 inch laptop and my Nikon P90. The reason why I use so many figures is because this is what North America stresses most on. Numbers. I became a number too once I entered this country. First there was a university ID, then the insurance no. and then, the Social Insurance Number. Somewhere down the line I almost forgot that I had a name till someone pronounced it with the most obnoxious articulation I ever heard.
Sometimes I miss home. At other times, I’m working.

1 Comments:

Blogger When in a BLACK HOLE said...

bhalo hochcchey....sesh koris

Mon Nov 22, 11:45:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home