TO KNOW THE UNKNOWN

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On a misty cloudy morning

It didn’t start as one of those days like I missed u. It was rather a plain and simple one where I knew I had to wake up, brush my teeth, grab a cup of Darjeeling tea, put on my t-shirt n jeans n leave. That was precisely what I did, and then when I walked out of my apartment to the bus stop, I realised it was quite cold and damp and drizzling. That... made me come back and grab a jacket....and an umbrella. And, I wondered how you were. I don’t know why I thought that, but well, I thought that. Looked at my dead watch.....and wondered how nice it felt to be woken at 7 in the morning....

Okay I missed the bus.

The air was damp and cold and it was drizzling. Like the water droplets were everywhere. No, I mean yes, they were droplets, not drops. And they kept flying in all directions at every gust. As I walked to my lab from the bus terminus at school, I guess I was still thinking of you. Or may be anything else that I can’t remember right now.... and didn’t notice the trees in front. So the moment I lifted my face up (I usually walk staring at my shoes) all of a sudden this huge crowd of trees beside the Red river loomed up from behind the mist. It was such a wonderful sight. Like, the very familiar grove of maple, pine and spruce were standing in front of me all new. Draped around this spray of water which blended beautifully into the morning mist, the huge conifers looked just breathtaking! I wanted to show this to you, but I didn’t have my camera, also, I doubt if I would be able to capture it the way it was.... Let’s assume I could, but then I wouldn’t be able to carry the fragrance of the mist and the damp soil and the wilderness along with the jpeg file! The desire was so great that I almost had to work my heads off today to keep the thoughts at bay. It was 6 and awfully dark, so I decided to come back home, I had worked more than many other days.....evading my silly and “hopelessly romantic” thoughts. But that’s being very 'me'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home